Please stand by

Get torrents here until further notice:
Amazon Cloud Repository


~1,300 individual volumes, ~80,000 images, 8 years

4.06.2012

Scanner Woes


Alright, I've started the scan of 'This is Animation - Macross no. 2' but I've been having a hell of a time trying to get it done. The loaner scanner I got is an HP Scanjet 8300 and the full driver/program is one of the most useless programs I've used in a while. I hope I can get this one done around Friday next week if I can keep the scanner from crashing every 4 pages.
My main scanner's power board is toast. There's a chance I can get a replacement part but it may be quite a while.

Sorry about the lack of other updates as well, I'll try to get a couple books I found up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, I'm sorry to hear that... hope repairing the scanner doesn't cost too much. Years ago we had a very expensive Mustek at work, that monster was incredibly bulky and expensive to repair... hope newer ones are better on that...

As usual, thanks a lot for your efforts!

Btw, you might want to check this thread:

http://boards.4chan.org/hr/res/1483676

Apparently, there's a guy who calls himself "former DPG member" who's beginning to scan some books.

Archive said...

To get a replacement power board for mt 10000xl will either take a few hundred dollars or salvaging one from a dead scanner. The salvage option is far more likely right now.

Also, thanks for the lead. The GitS game book that I was told about must've come from there.